AnyDAO MVP is composed of 4 major components:
- Substrate based blockchain: Stores the related metadata and proofs for Projects and Proposals.
- IPFS: Stores actual data such as texts, images and public voter information.
- Geode: Receives, queries and aggregates user votes. Also monitors the on-chain status and handles the uploading of IPFS storage and on-chain storage. At the same time, it ensures the protection of user privacy.
- Frontend: Gathers all kinds of data and provides information via graphical interface, and provides interactivity for users to register projects, create proposals, cast votes and many more.
Represents the DAO. The creator is the default owner, and has the right to update project settings, as well as transfer the ownership to another address.
Each project can configure multiple workspaces. Each workspace is composed of a chain and strategies
Defines how to get the voting power of users from on-chain states, such as by calculating ERC20 token balance
Represents a topic where user can vote on with their assets
To ensure fairness and avoid double-entry, a snapshot mechanism is adopted in our design. When a proposal is started, the block height of each participating chain will be taken by our Geode, and the state of each user will be fetched for power aggregation.
There are currently 4 levels of privacy settings:
- Public: Details of all individual votes made by users will be made available.
- Private: Total amount of votes for each option will be made available as an aggregation while the individual vote is hidden.
- Mixed: Users have the option to choose to reveal their vote or to cast their vote in the form of an aggregated result.
- Opaque: Only the result of the vote is revealed. All other details are hidden, including the aggregated vote amount.
- Stands for how often Geode executes transaction to update the on-chain state.
- The total number of updates for a proposal is calculated by the total voting duration divided by update frequency.
- Each execution generates a transaction fee and the proposal creator is responsible for this payment.
- If the update frequency is not enabled, Geode will only update the IPFS and on-chain state when the proposal is ended.